High Court Enforcement

If your case has been ruled in your favour, but your debtor is still avoiding payment, there are further steps you can take, such as sending a bailiff to obtain goods to constitute payment.

Once you have obtained a judgment in your favour, and you choose to use the High Court Enforcement Officers (or Sheriffs) to enforce your collection, you need to use this form to apply for a Combined Certificate of Judgement and request for Writ of Control. (Formerly known as a Writ of Fieri Facias.) This link takes you to the Court website which enables you to download the Form that you need to send to the court and also associated leaflets to help you fill in and understand the process and fees. There are also links on the right of the page to view the same documents.

This procedure will instruct the High Court Enforcement Officers (HECOs) to try and obtain money or seize goods that belong to your defendant. The HCEOs have more powers than a County Court Bailiff so their success rate is generally higher. The HCEOs can force entry to a commercial premises to obtain goods, and the HCEOs extensive powers also include the ability to enter residential premises through an unlocked door or normal means of access and to climb perimeter walls and fences.

The court will send the defendant a notice that a Writ of Control has been issued and if no payment is received after seven days the bailiff will try to collect payment by attending or take goods from the defendant.

If the bailiff is successful you will receive payment from the court. Please note that this may take some time, especially if obtained via goods removed as they will need to be sold at auction.


Phone Us Now

Telephone: 0845 200 4598

Fax: 020 3137 7780