County Court Enforcement – Warrant Of Control

If your CCJ has ruled in your favour, but your debtor has not yet paid and you wish to proceed with enforcement, you may apply for a Warrant of Control which will allow you to use the County Court Bailiff to help enforce the Judgement.

Once you have obtained a judgment in your favour, and you choose to use the County Court Bailiff to enforce your collection, you need to apply for a Warrant of Control. (Formerly known as a Warrant of Execution.) This link takes you to the Court website which enables you to download the form that you need to send to the court, and also associated leaflets to help you fill in and understand the process and fees.

This procedure will instruct the court’s bailiffs to try and obtain money or seize goods that belong to your defendant. If the premises that the bailiff will be attending is outside of the court’s jurisdiction, the warrant will be forwarded to the nearest court.

The court will send the defendant notice that a warrant has been issued and if no payment is received after seven days the bailiff will try to collect payment by attending or take goods from the defendant.

If the bailiff is successful you will receive payment from the court. Please note that this may take some time, especially if obtained via goods removed as they will need to be sold at auction.


Phone Us Now

Telephone: 0845 200 4598

Fax: 020 3137 7780